Thursday, August 12, 2010

Golfing, Dinner, Ice Cream and Go Karting

The weather was overcast but the rain held off while the boys played a little golf.

Ready to tee off



It looks good
Great follow-through
Lining up

The follow-through
Aiming for the lake
Nice form
"Maybe if I clean my ball..."
" I'm so glad I have my driver's license."
"Are you supposed to have a license???"
"I'm going to get a hole-in-one!"
"Oops!" (Over dinner Mike announced that he was thankful everyone golfed only 9 holes. He said getting 200 might be embarrassing!)
"I think I'll stick to driving the cart instead of the ball..."
Lining up perfect putts
Putting perfection
"What is the beach doing in the middle of this course??"
The home of 9 of Mike's golf balls.
"You look over there. I'll look over here. We're out of balls."
"I thought for sure I added this right the first time..."
Flawless
"Come on...Come on"
"Time for the Green Jacket Ceremony"





Ready for the tour


Grandma and the boys. While the boys golfed the back 9 at the club, Grandma golfed the front 9 with her Twilight League.


Once everyone came off the course, we enjoyed a great dinner in the clubhouse. From dinner, we went for dessert.

Seneca Farms makes THE BEST homemade ice cream. Before coming to the lake, Grandpa told Sean that he was going to buy each boy a half gallon of the ice cream of their choice. The stipulation is that they have to a) finish their ice cream before leaving on Sunday and b) eat from the carton. Grandpa brought the ice cream home and labeled each carton.

Mrs. L - this one's for you!

We moved from Seneca Farms to Go-Karts. My only regret was that this wasn't in the original plan this evening so I did not have my best camera with me. I borrowed from one of the boys and did my best. I do have to say I learned one very important lesson:

Five 16 year-old boys (and their testosterone) + go-karts + empty raceway = TROUBLE!!

"Start your engines!"
...and they're off!
Steve is in the lead
Lap 2 - Steve is still in the lead

Kevin is so far behind he can only laugh. At this point I was ready to award the "Most Cautious Driver" award. That is, before Kevin "stopped" (so everyone would catch up, putting himself in the lead) and ended up....
doing a 360!
Nick pulls ahead
Remember Steve was in the lead? Check out the tires just behind the crew member....Steve was lodged there a few seconds ago. He has a license????

On the way home the boys decided on the following awards:

Most Cautious - Kevin

Most Aggressive - Mike

Most Devious - Sean

Most Strategic - Steve

(Cheap) Champ - Nick

One final dip in the hot tub before bed.
And, of course, a bedtime snack!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment